N.O.R.M.A. first LP's very original, though it definitely reflects an out-of-date fashion: reliance on improvisation, non-looped vinyl sampling, winds and chamber-like passages would make the album a perfect addition to the Nurse With Wound List, if only it came out a couple of decades before.
Anyway, the music's playful and surprising, varied, well-crafted. Two multi-part suites, a longer track in the middle and some final mid-length pieces merge old-fashioned easy listening, radical improvisation, jazz, fanfare and classical music, East-Asian sketches, kitchen recipes and Federico Fellini quotes in a typical Rock In Opposition aesthetics.
I have to thank Zerodimension for having posted the album first.
- Suite From Psycho: Prelude
- Suite From Psycho: Temptation
- Suite From Psycho: The Peephole
- Suite From Psycho: The Murder
- Suite From Psycho: Marion And Sam
- Suite From Psycho: The Murder (Ripresa)
- Circus Music: Introduzione
- Circus Music: La Diva
- Circus Music: L'indiano
- Circus Music: La Ballerina
- Circus Music: Il Giapponese
- Circus Music: Finale
- Pasticci E Postumi (stream it!)
- Artes Moriendi